About NUFLOR GOLD
Now a Treatment for Four Bacterial Causes of BRD in Beef and Non-lactating Dairy Cattle
New NUFLOR GOLD is approved to treat bovine respiratory disease (BRD) associated with:
- Mannheimia haemolytica
- Pasteurella multocida
- Histophilus somni
- Mycoplasma bovis
It is a florfenicol antibiotic formulated to include M. bovis in its spectrum of antibacterial activity.
Dosage, Administration, Withdrawal
- A single subcutaneous (SQ) dose at a rate of 6 mL/100 lb.
- To be administered in the neck only, not to exceed 15 mL per injection site.
- Do not use in female dairy cattle 20 months of age or older, as use in lactating dairy cattle may cause milk residues.
- Not for use in cattle of breeding age. Do not use for calves to be processed for veal.
- Animals intended for human consumption must not be slaughtered within 44 days of treatment.